2.09.2009

Mister

I'm watching Fox News. While at my parents house, I find the channel set far to the right more often than it would ever be in my home. They're not necessarily conservative, but they're old and fear change. They prefer the traditional model of American politics advertised by republicans to the forward progress lauded by democrats. It's difficult to stomach at times, watching soap box cock fights from pundits and pseudo-journalists. However, it's just as bad on liberal news channels who can't see the American populace because their heads are jammed tightly up the donkey's ass. But my major issue, an inspiration of this post is an issue of respect.

I understand President Obama has thrown cool into the White House, sugarcoated in reserved hip and an undying attachment to his Blackberry, but he is still the President. And I have noticed more "Mr. Obamas" on the news than I care to recount. He is not a mister anymore; that large, oval shaped office with the canary curtains and eagle throw rug have wrestled him from the mundane ranks of Everyman. He won the election and deserves the title of his office. I don't remember any calling the other guy Mr. Bush; in fact, most news channels still call him President or Former President Bush, as well they should. It's a designation on fourty-four individuals have ever earned. Photo courtesy of Obamican.me

No comments:

Post a Comment